shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : £0.00
View Cart Check Out


This is a single blog caption

Cambridge Fans 3-5 Wrexham Fans

Wrexham set off for the trip to Cambridge with 13 fit players as we were missing Dyfan Jones who was away on international duty and Matty Watson was out due to an injury sustained in the previous match against Whitegate.
Newly appointed captain Dan Sear had Matty Thomas partnering him in the centre of defence and Tinney and Teets continued there partnership up front.

Cambridge kicked the game off and straight the kick of Wrexham chased down the ball with Steve Garnett controlling the midfield well.
Wrexham’s first chance came from Josh Tinney but the keeper was able to see the ball rise high above his goal and safely out for a goal kick. Tinney and Teets where working well at the top of the pitch and this lead to Wrexham’s first goal of the game after Tinney was bundled over and a free kick was awarded where the same man, was able to deliver the ball for it to met by the head of Jason Richards to score Wrexham’s first goal of the afternoon.
Wrexham where not letting Cambridge anywhere near Nathan Williamswho hadn’t touched the ball for Wrexham in the first 15 minutes and it wasn’t long before Wrexham grabbed goal number 2 and the scorer this time was non other then Steve “Ballot” Elliot as he was able to beat the keeper for strength and sheer determination to score the goal as he had to do steal the ball off the keeper and to rub salt in the wounds he lobbed the keeper with the attempt and it nestled nicely in the back off the net. 2-1 Wrexham led after 25 minutes.

Cambridge got a goal back and it was from some terrible defending from the Wrexham team which allowed Chris Cooper to dance through the back four and slot past Nathan Williams. Wrexham’s 3rd goal came from some great work from Liam Partyn down the right wing which found Teets unmarked at the back post but somehow he thundered his header against the bar, but Jason Richards reacted the quickest and cooly slotted a left footed strike into the bottom left hand corner to make the scores 3-1 in favour off the away team.
Teets made a mens for his earlier miss by scoring goal number 4 for Matty Thomas’ team and Steve Garnett will take the credit for the set up after his work allowed Elliot to beat the keeper and grab his second goal of the game.
Cambridge thought they had clawed a goal back after a Jason Richardsback pass to Nathan Williams was thought to have crossed the line as Nathan cleared the ball out for a corner, to the amusement too all 22 players on the pitch the referee awarded a goal kick to Wrexham.

The half time whistle sounded and Wrexham led 4-1 at the break with Steve Garnett being Wrexham’s best player by far.

Matty Thomas made a half time substitution which saw Dom Hughes come on to replace Matty Thomas himself which saw Jack Scott move from right back to centre half which allowed Hughes to play as right back.

The second half kicked off and tempers started flaring between the Wrexham players and changes were made with Josh Tinney coming off due to a facial injury and was replaced Matty Thomas who has to come back for the remainer off the match, also going off was Jason Richardswith Liam Partyn coming back into the game to replace him for the final 20 minutes. Josh Tinney was brought back on after some treatment to his broken nose and notched Wrexham’s 5th after some great work from Teets and the final ball from Aaron Jones found Tinney just inside the box to slide the ball home from 15 yards.

Camrbidge did score 2 more goals, 1 from the penalty spot after Matty Thomas has judged to have obstructed the Cambridge forward and Nathan was sent the wrong way, they also scored a well worked goal from Chris Cooper and the final whistle went and it was a win for the red army

Cambridge 3-5 Wrexham 

Man of the Match as chosen by Cambridge United players and Manager, with out a shadow of a doubt was Wrexham’s Steve Garnett

WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien